The Standing Committee On Public Health, it’s the committee through which we can change the world. Public health can be defined as” the science and the art of protecting and improving the health of communities through education, promotion of healthy lifestyle, and
research for disease and injury prevention. Nowadays, public health is considered one of the main weapons in fighting health ignorance specifically in Egypt, spreading health messages everywhere can saves millions of lives, spreading awareness about diabetes, hepatitis, mental disorders, healthy lifestyle, hypertension and many other diseases can be a valuable way of prevention.
Our Latest Projects:
- There is a lot of misconception in our community on whether forgetting to complete simple tasks in our lives could be a sign of Alzheimer. Simply Forgotten is a project that aims to explain the difference between Dementia and Alzheimer disease, especially stressing on how Alzheimer is a geriatric disease. Alzheimer may cause the patient to simply forget, but Geriatric health should not be Simply Forgotten.
- We celebrated the WDD in Zamalek club for two days. The aim of the campaign is delivering our message about diabetes, what is it, the symptoms and the prevention. We Delivered our message in a new way with games and interaction and measured the blood glucose level for the people in the club.
- We celebrated the World Health Day in a whole week in April. The campaign contained:
– Sessions is schools about different public health issues to raise
the awareness of students about public health.
– A campaign in Cairo University to deliver our message about
different public health topics.
– We finished our campaign with a biking event and many medical
students and public had the chance to share with us.