Medical Education should be a concern of every medical student as it shapes not only the quality of future doctors, but also the quality of healthcare, thus it shouldn’t be related to the knowledge we get only from the books and the references, it should be about Love, Passion, Care and Curiosity.
Yes, medical student should have passion in learning, and he should be curios not only to learn but to understand. This is what we are trying to do through SOCME; the Standing Committee on Medical Education.
Through all our joint efforts we work to create sustainable changes around the world, for ourselves as medical students, for the generations to come and for our future patients and our communities who are in fact the final beneficiaries of our education.
- Is where all medical students can hold their studying groups, scientific discussions & share their medical experience with each other, any time throughout the year. Give it a visit !
- A free space for all medical students to express & publish thier scientific articles, reviews…etc. Also it’s open for talents & arts they would like to share. Submit your material by sending an e-mail to; email@example.com
- SCOME winter & summer schools are a training clerkships, where students et te chance to discover the real medical environment following house officers & residents in their daily activities in the ward, outpatients clinic and operation theatres. Beside the clinical trainings, First aid courses are held for academic years students. Also, we aim to develop students’ skills through many soft skills trainings and workshops held by our trainers. At the end of the course, applicants will receive a certificate of attendance the whole program & training they received .
- in this project our main concern is raising awareness between the medical students about the importance of the doctor-patient relationship. We offer the medical students a training about the doctor-patient relationship and the communication skills, and we hold hospital visits for applying what have been learnt in the training and raising awareness among physicians.
- A conference is to be held in Kasr AlAiny School of Medicine where guest speakers shall provide medical students with information on various subjects concerning the different opportunities present for their future careers and how to enhance their medical knowledge with some valuable soft skills. A booklet -made by SSS members with information on how to obtain medical license and complete postgraduate studies abroad- shall be provided to all the attendees.